Dhrupad Days is dependent on community involvement through sponsorships, donations, your partnership and volunteer help.
Our need is to raise $3,500. We have currently raised $950.
We are grateful to individuals or businesses who would like to sponsor Dhrupad Days
Sponsors of Dhrupad Days will receive the following benefits, depending on the level of sponsorship:
Founder ($500 and above)
* Slide with your message in slide show at the top of the Dhrupad Days main page. Listing as Founder.
* Placement on Cornish College summer music website.
* Mention in Dhrupad Days advertising, programs and messaging during events – workshop and concerts.
Note: Cornish College website traffic is driven by a full page advertisement in Washington edition of the New York Times, the college’s mailing lists and by postcard distribution at area high schools.
Cornerstone ($250 and above) Supporter (up to $250)
* Slide with your message in slide show at the top of the Dhrupad Days main page. Listing as Cornerstone or Supporter.
* Mention in Dhrupad Days verbal (announcements made at events) and non-print advertising, on best effort basis.
Please contact Vibhavaree Gargeya if you would like to be a sponsor, for this very first edition of what is hoped to be an annual or biennial festival.
To donate to Dhrupad Days, please make your check out to “Dhrupad Music Institute of America” (note: “Dhrupad Days 2013″ in the memo) and mail to:
Dhrupad Music Institute of America
1730 C Street NE, Washington DC 20002
We are grateful for donations in any amount. Note that $200 donation to Dhrupad Days will provide a needs based scholarship to a teen or artist for the Cornish College workshop, thus enabling him/her to attend.
Would you like to volunteer for Dhrupad Days? Could you prepare a dish for the workshop, offer transportation, or help with arrangements on Day of Dhrupad?
Please contact Vibhavaree Gargeya
Spread the word
Dhrupad Days publicity relies on word of mouth communication. Please help spread the word. Some resources below:
* Text of blurb for e-mail:
Dhrupad Music Institute of America is excited to announce “Dhrupad Days”, a music festival in Seattle!!
The festival runs from June 24-July 7, and consists of:
- Cornish College workshop (June 24-June 28)
- DMIA musical retreat (July 4-6)
- Day of Dhrupad performances (July 7)
Dhrupad is India’s oldest and most serene form of classical music. The workshops will be taught by Padmashri Ramakant Gundecha, of Gundecha Brothers fame.
This is a rare opportunity to immerse yourself or your teen in Dhrupad, right here in the US. It is guaranteed to be a unique, moving and unforgettable experience.
To find out more, visit – http://dhrupad.com/event/
Seats are limited, so sign up now!!
*Facebook event invite for forwarding to friends – http://www.facebook.com/events/584245138256362/